|Charity Shops Ahoy!|
I found this dress in my local charity shop. Despite being a few sizes too big and looking like something from Abigail's party I loved the fabric and thought I could do something with it. It cost me six pounds and as the fabric is so lovely (silk with red poppies on) I decided even if it didn't work out as a dress I could make something with the fabric.
|The original dress, too big, wrong length and weird neckline|
The dress was floor length which is very unflattering on someone as small as me and had a rather unattractive frill around the neckline which did no favours to my rather large bangers.
Undeterred I simply unpicked the frill around the neck line, took it up until it was knee length and put a couple of darts in it so it fitted properly around the waist. It took me an hour and I'm really pleased with the finished result. The white and red is really festive and it now has the swing dress look that I prefer-nipped in at the waist with a circle skirt style bottom.
|New length-perfect for wearing a petticoat underneath|
|Pie Frill neckline be gone|
All content (text, photos and other) are the property of Betty Bee unless otherwise stated. Please refrain from copying any material without recognition of the author and a link to the source on this blog.